Thames Bank Distillery was built in 1797 on the banks of the River Thames in Pimlico, London,
by its proprietor, Octavius Smith. For more than a century it was a local landmark and the largest
distillery in London. The Thames Bank Distillery no longer stands in Pimlico, but its namesake
gin continues to be made in London as it always has been.